Diagrams.net is a pretty neat and powerfull app used to create diagrams and flowcharts.
Here is how to import additionnal icons to your Librairies, and pick them directly from the sidebar.
Let’s take the Font Awesome icons for example (see below for more icon sets)
- visit the online version of Diagrams.net or install it:
packages for Windows, Mac and Linux are available, and integrations in VSCode, Nextcloud, Redmine and others can be found in the documentation.
- download the latest release of drawio-font-awesome, packaged for Diagrams.
- unzip the icon set
- in Diagrams, open File → Open library:
- in the bottom-right corner, select “All files”:
- double-click on the color set you want to use. Note that I didn’t find a way to modify icon color after that step.
That’s it! You can now pick any icon from the sidebar:
Unfortunately Diagrams.net does not support importation of Font files. But several icon sets have already been packaged:
See also this repository for more icons
with Diagrams you can also
- create your own icon library
- export .drawio to PDF and PNG from the command-line. See also this project
- animate your diagrams
Update: You can also invite someone to a Diagrams.net instance with a preselected icon set:
Donations are now possible and will help the project to grow and stay healthy:
“All donations will be passed to the projects that extend us and that we’re dependent on. Helping these projects become sustainable is very important to the project sustainability.”
The developpers' ethic also appears in the post about leaving the .io domain name extension.